Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

192 outside WW

Another good start to a good day. As you may have noticed I do not have all zeros any longer and there is more time spent on my business ideas. As I have stated before my fuel for life award winners continue to keep me focused for the time being and it feels good. I am not sure where I will be after these 90 days – inside the WW outside the WW – but what I do know is that after it is all done I will have a new perspective on where I think my life should go for the long haul.

As I was working out this morning I reached a point where I wanted to stop on the elliptical and just hit the showers. There was no way I was going to do that so I kicked the sensors in high gear to mentally log everything I was feeling and thinking. Self vs. self is the essence of life really. At that very moment I could let my physical pain and metal pain stop the workout and convince myself that some workout was better than none. I kept saying to myself how can you stop? How can you come all this way (this morning), waking up so early, battling through the "I am tired I need some more rest", and starting my workout on the elliptical just to end this effort prematurely? The feeling of defeat will feel much worse than the mental and physical pain of the workout.

People ask me all the time, "How did you do it" and I tell them the same answer; "It's simple, eat less, eat healthy, drink lots of water, and workout". Finally someone said to me – "well those are just words - how did you really do it"? My answer to that was also simple – every moment of every day you will need to fight yourself. Some battles you will win others you will lose. The key is to ALWAYS fight and ALWAYS expect to win each battle. Each time you go to the refrigerator, each time you go out to eat, each time you walk past the treadmill, each time you hit the snooze button, each time you pick up an alcoholic beverage, each time you find yourself doing something that does not mesh with your health goals you will need to go into battle. Literally talk to yourself either inside your head or out loud. Fight for yourself each and every time. The more you fight the stronger you will be.

ONWARD!

5 comments:

  1. This is so true!!! We have to make choices all day long day in and day out to stay true to our goals! Great motivating post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are tougher than others. Here's to easier days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fight reference is a good one. We are fighting ourselves each day, that is true. That which is difficult requires us to step up fight to achieve it. Best part, when we do achieve it, it feels so good.

    Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. therightfit - Thank you. Yes Everyday. If we don't we will lose several battles in the one day.
    bbubblyb - cheers!
    Patrick - Does feel good when we win even the little battles!

    ReplyDelete