Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

193 – Outside WW

So I made it to the gym this morning. I love how I feel after working out. What a feeling. However, I never had such a battle inside of me like I did over the past 5 hours. Even before the alarm went off at 4:45 I was already telling myself I was not getting up to go work out. At 3:30 I woke up and really did not go back to sleep after that. In the end I fought off all the I don’t wannas and feeling sorry for myself and made it in. The workout was difficult. I took some days off from working out so it was hard to pick right back up where I left off. I do not take a step back when I take some time off. I always keep my reps, weight, and times exactly where I was the last time. If forces me to realize that I have lost a step and need to have consistency.

I was surprised to see the scale at 193 today. I was sure I was around 196 or 197 considering all the late night eating and drinks I have had over the past week of rest. I guess it will take more than a week of feeling sorry for myself to self destruct. I don’t know what the next few weeks will hold. All I know is that I need to focus on the big picture and fix what is wrong with my eating habits, self happiness (different from self esteem I think I have plenty of that), and financial spending/saving habits.

I would like to wish Patrick sustained energy on his journey – you continue to be an inspiration with your day to day activities, Rapunzel the strength to get through a few more days at which point things will come natural, and Dawn energy for getting over some life issues and feeling a bit worn the past week. ONWARD PEOPLE!

2 comments:

  1. Back in the gym, excellent. How about outdoor cardio work? Were you getting any in before your rest period and if not any interest in some of that?

    The only reason I ask is just my own experience in that I get a bigger charge mentally out of the cardio stuff. Not sure why. I look forward to hitting the weights more, but when the exercise is done, it is the cardio that has me walking away wanting to thump my chest the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I posted one time that when it comes to me talking about going to the gym - I do about 45-60 minutes of cardio followed promptly by 15-30 minutes of nautilus. It’s the Rocky Cardio part of my morning that truly gets me wanting to pump my chest… so naturally I hit the nautilus afterwards. As far as my body, I am a bit of a stud muffin these days I must admit.

    ReplyDelete