Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, October 11, 2010

This tailgate was one to forget


This weekend was not what I wanted it to be. A lot of people get senselessly caught up in the back and forth about their schools. For me it goes way beyond what happens on the field or court. I must admit it is tough watching our football and basketball programs struggle like they are. This is not what I remember when I was a student and in school. This must really suck for the students these days.

For me Saturday was just a bad day all around. From the time I got to the tailgate at about 7:30am until I left at 10:00pm nothing was right and every second seemed to bring another stressful thing. I could go on and on about what happened but in a nutshell the group I have been tailgating with for the past 4 years – specifically two guys – showed their true colors to me Saturday in shocking form. I go to the tailgate to get away from my life and the stress it brings but they brought that stress to the tailgate and I honestly don't think things will ever be the same again. It bothers me more that I can express because a phase in my life may be coming to an end and I don’t know what comes next. Tailgating won't be the same anymore and that hurts. Not sure if I will be going anymore.

They say nothing lasts for ever - O.K. that is stating the obvious - but I do believe that good things never last as long as you would like them to. The challenge is how do we reinvent ourselves when certain periods in our life come to an end. What's Next – I guess. For me I don’t know if tailgating has come to an – it certainly might soon. Saturday let me know that this period will not last as long as I wanted it to and regardless if it is over now or after this year or after next year – there is a change coming. Don’t know when or how but the process has started. Its unfortunate – I wanted this feeling to last longer – I will have to find a way to reinvent the tailgate somehow…

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about you having stress at the tailgating when you hoped for a good time. It is tough when we know things will be changing. When I was reading it, made me think about how we set goals for ourselves, meet them then have to set new ones. It's true nothing ever stays the same. I'm sure though you will come up with a new game plan for yourself to have weekend enjoyment with friends. I know I need to find some of that myself. Hope you have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bbubblyb - Yeah I don’t know what happens next. It's all I have known for 4 years now and to have it come to an end is difficult. Like I said – I don’t know how long the process will take but the ball is rolling. Thanks for the comments and finding something new will be a challenge. Not a great way to start off my week – I believe I will stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It sounds like the end of an era but perhaps just some time & space is needed? Maybe the relationships can be re-defined?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the end may be near for something you have enjoyed for along time. You are right, good things never last as long as you would like them to... well said. Unfortunate too that it is that way. Hopefully you will be able to find a way to continue to enjoy the tailgating, or if not, replace it with a new passion. Either way, you have to keep on pulling for the maize & blue!

    ReplyDelete